Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Water leak in my office after all-day rain

Yesterday we had a lot of rain in the Athens, Ohio area. The rain started the previous evening, continued overnight, and then throughout the day.

On arriving at work, I heard the sounds of water dripping in the ceiling area not far from a previous leak. I figured it was from the roof due to the rain. By the end of the day, several ceiling tiles were wet and water was dripping into strategically placed buckets both on a shelf and on the floor.



Directly above my office is an enclosed attic area. It is hard to see in that area as there are no lights. Using flashlights to see around, we were able to find water dripping from the roof onto some duct work.

We then checked the outside of the roof and directly above where we saw the dripping there was a damaged section of roof that had been repaired with some sealant.





I am leaving for work and will see shortly how my office is today...

No comments: