Monday, December 05, 2011

Accident - Rear-end collision

On driving home this evening, I was rear-ended on Columbus Road between the gas station and US 33. A line of 4 or 5 cars in front of me had slowed down as the lead car was turning to the left. A pickup truck behind me slammed into my van as I was slowing down.

As you can see from the picture, it was after dark and raining.



The pickup truck had very little damage.



The following pictures were taken later in the evening in my garage. One side affect of the accident is that I can not open the back of the van...




1 comment:

DAResler said...

I took the van to the In-Town Body Shop in Athens, Ohio. The estimate totaled $3,958.75 for the repairs. I'm now waiting to hear back from the insurance company as the repair cost might exceed the value of the van!